Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Mellow Johnny's

As I mentioned last week, Damon & I recently made a trip to Texas for a little R&R--well, that's actually a lie, if you know anyone in the Acton family, you know that their vacations rarely contain much rest or relaxation. All the same, we took a trip to Texas!

One of the things that Damon was most excited about was making a trip to Mellow Johnny's. For those who don't know, Mellow Johnny's is a bike shop that Lance Armstrong created in downtown Austin. Damon has a huge man-crush on Lance, so this was one of our top "have to see" items while in town. Lance is a huge inspiration for Damon, so I thought what the heck. It was actually an amazing place to see. Lance memorabilia is displayed all over the shop and it has an awesome atmosphere [it almost made me want a road bike, then I remembered my coordination and clumsiness...]

I think Damon was a little disappointed that Lance was no where to be found while we were there--but I'm sure he will get over it :)

Here are some of my favorite pictures from Mellow Johnny's.

400 Nueces St.

Team Radioshack's bikes from this years Tour de France





Damon posing in front of the jersey that Lance wore [kind of] on the last day of the Tour




An old bike of Lance Armstrong's




Damon proudly holding his purchase in front of Mellow Johnny's

No comments:

Post a Comment